Monday, July 10, 2006

Repair to tree Twickenham


I had to go back to attend to a Cercis that although we had staked it quite high (A method that I normally avoid) had drooped significantly, largely due to not having a strong enough stem and also due to the weight of the new growth. I tried to work out how to do this but largely drew a blank.
I took advice from an highly experienced plantsman and we both agreed that the best thing would be to cut the tree down, pollarding in effect. When I turned up on site to explain this to the client he had propped the tree up with a broom from his metal fence.
At this point I then felt that supporting the tree with a bamboo frame also from the framed from the fence would hold the tree upright, I then balanced the tree out but cutting off some of the new growth. Lets hope that this now allows the tree to grow and mature successfully.

No comments: